Add commission to your selected staff members from each customer sales, upgrades & more.
Just a couple of hours left before new HostBill version release – we’d like to take a time and show you amazing new feature of upcoming update.
HostBill ticketing system is recognized as easy to use, despite being packed with dozens of useful features. With new version we’re adding new one to admin ticketing interface – Ticket Views. Now every admin will be able to define his custom ticket listing, select auto-search & ticket filter criteria, columns and column order displayed in view.
Each admin can define his private views (displayed only for him), or public (displayed for all support staff members).
- Using mobile phone and want to catch up with your tickets on train? Define mobile view to display only your tickets and ticket subjects/status (you don’t need anything else on small smartphone screen) – one click away and you can see only what you need.
- Using ticket tags & search terms to sort special groups of tickets – define view and have them one click away from you
- Certain search term repeats? When entering new filter details you can store it as view with one click
HostBill team add many features and improvements with every minor release (every week). Due to the fact HostBill is 100% multi-lingual it was sometimes hard to keep up with translations. Its about to be changed with new feature – language filters. With just one mouse click you can find all untranslated lines in your language, and their English versions – so within minutes after upgrade you can be sure that new features for your clients will be displayed in their native language.
New HostBill release is just couple hours ago, as usual we’re bringing new improvements to your billing platform. To make HostBill everyday usage easier we’ve re-designed Smart Search and narrowed its results to most useful ones. Clean design + additional nice touch of highlighted search results – check screenshot below!
Soon (on 2012-10-19) HostBill will reach its 4.0.0 milestone. It took us approx. 1 year and over 28 (!) public releases to get here (you can track last year’s progress at http://hostbillapp.com/changelog).
In this blog post we’d like to show you feature that is scheduled for 4.0 release: Reports.
HostBill had (and still have) built-in statistics as graphical representation, but we realize some data look better (and sometimes has to be) presented in numbers and on paper. 4.0 comes with over 20 useful and insightful reports, such as Sales tax liability, support ticket ratings reports, transactions per gateway etc.
Best part is – reports are customizable with drag & drop, and each result set can be limited with custom criteria, to get exactly what you need in fast and easy way!
Make sure to check short screencast below!
Our NextGen theme released few months ago changed industry outlook on client section of service provider websites. Its time to make it even better!
With HostBill 3.9 we’re introducing new variation of this popular theme, called “Nextgen Clean” – we’ve made it nicer to eye with pixel-perfect attention to details, take a look on some screenshots or watch short style walk-trough
HostBill is well known of its outstanding pace of development and rapid new releases. We’ve decided to make process of upgrade easier to HostBill users, that’s why with release of HostBill 3.9 (2012-09-07) we’re introducing HostBill AutoUpgrade & AutoPatch
This Plugin (enabled by default) periodically checks for new HostBill versions & patches – if new Version is available, administrators will see following notification:
Upgrading to latest HostBill version is simple as clicking one button:
Quick video commentary:
– Plugin checks for latest version available
– After confirming upgrade new HostBill is automatically downloaded
– Archive is safely extracted
– Database is being updated to latest version
With recent release of HostBill we’ve completely re-designed order process in HostBill. It was scheduled for a long time and as some of our cusomers demanded it – we’ve decided to give it a go, and boy we’re glad we did!
We called this feature Order Scenarios.
Each orderpage (also known as product category) in HostBill can have different Order Scenario attached.
Order Scenarios defines what steps should HostBill take after client submits order. Following are default steps:
1. Automated Fraud Prevention – if third party fraud prevention module is enabled (like MaxMind MinFraud) HostBill can verify whether order was fraudulent, and if so automatically rule out such order and prevent account from being provisioned
2. Enable Invoice – You can choose to approve this step manually – if invoice is enabled its visible in clientarea and allowed to pay – for some expensive services you may want to review order at this early stage before processing it.
3. Authorize Payment – If order was submitted with credit card HostBill can automatically authorize payment before capturing it. You can also choose to authorize it manually – this way you will be 100% sure if credit card submitted is valid and with enough funds. Not only credit cards can be authorized with HostBill – you can even verify buyer PayPal to see if its valid!
4. Capture Payment – Order good so far? Time to collect money – you can choose to do it manually or automatically, by HostBill.
5. Provision Order items – Time to create ordered hosting accounts – HostBill can do this automatically after receiving payment, just like it always did, you can also set this step to be manual and review order once again, just to be 100% sure!
6. Final order review – Account was created, but your fraud verification is delayed? You surely don’t want valid customers to wait! Provision their account automatically first and review order once its provisioned to finally mark order as active – this step is optional.
Don’t follow your hosting competition with features – invest in HostBill and always be few steps ahead!
HostBill – constant innovations – changing face of hosting billing industry since 2009!
No matter what you think about cloud hosting – its here to stay. Whether its best invention since sliced bread or just marketing hype – you can (and you should!) make money out of it.
Dont know where to start? Start with stable billing system + cloud platform that suits your pocket. Here are just couple of ways on how to bring IaaS to your customers with minimum hassle, and most importantly with fully automated provisioning trough HostBill:
Method 1: Have few more bucks to spend on hardware? Build your own cloud!
Method 2: Little less money for hardware? How about Cloud VPS service?
Method 3: Just starting? Let other worry about hardware – time to resell cloud!
Some control panel/platform is missing for you? Let us know – we can automate everything! 😉
It’s been a week – so time for another updrade from HostBill team!
Lets take a glimpse of today-released, all new, HostBill 3.1.4:
Further OnApp improvements
Our already great integration with OnApp Cloud just get better! Your client will now have access to new backup-related features, including:
If you offer cloud/vps backup space, you can now add them ability to convert their backups into re-usable OS Templates from HostBill interface with just few mouse-cliks – simple as that!
If you enable Schedules in related OnApp user roles your clients will see new option in their clientarea interface – Schedule Backup. With this option your customers will be able to manage their automated backup schedules, allowing them to create daily/weekly/monthly/yearly backups.
New ticket department permissions
Now you can use additional settings in your Ticket departments including:
– Allowing staff member to reply using email
– Prevent customers from closing ticket opened by staff member
– Prevent customers from re-open ticket closed by staff member
Of course there is lot more in new version For full list of changes/fixes go to hostbillapp.com/changelog/
I’d like to take the opportunity and wish our valued customers and friends Happy Holidays and a New Year from HostBill team. Its been amazing year for us, full of great integrations, major HostBill improvements and number of great new customers to work with.
See you in 2012!