Let us walk trough some of amazing new features, step by step of how it can be used in your company, and learn how those two modules works great together!
1. Check walktrough below to see whats new in Dedicated servers manager (click on image for higher resolution)
This is just a start of our plugins improvements – for full changes track our weekly changelog: http://hostbillapp.com/changelog
Just a couple of hours left before new HostBill version release – we’d like to take a time and show you amazing new feature of upcoming update.
HostBill ticketing system is recognized as easy to use, despite being packed with dozens of useful features. With new version we’re adding new one to admin ticketing interface – Ticket Views. Now every admin will be able to define his custom ticket listing, select auto-search & ticket filter criteria, columns and column order displayed in view.
Each admin can define his private views (displayed only for him), or public (displayed for all support staff members).
HostBill team add many features and improvements with every minor release (every week). Due to the fact HostBill is 100% multi-lingual it was sometimes hard to keep up with translations. Its about to be changed with new feature – language filters. With just one mouse click you can find all untranslated lines in your language, and their English versions – so within minutes after upgrade you can be sure that new features for your clients will be displayed in their native language.
New HostBill release is just couple hours ago, as usual we’re bringing new improvements to your billing platform. To make HostBill everyday usage easier we’ve re-designed Smart Search and narrowed its results to most useful ones. Clean design + additional nice touch of highlighted search results – check screenshot below!
Soon (on 2012-10-19) HostBill will reach its 4.0.0 milestone. It took us approx. 1 year and over 28 (!) public releases to get here (you can track last year’s progress at http://hostbillapp.com/changelog).
In this blog post we’d like to show you feature that is scheduled for 4.0 release: Reports.
HostBill had (and still have) built-in statistics as graphical representation, but we realize some data look better (and sometimes has to be) presented in numbers and on paper. 4.0 comes with over 20 useful and insightful reports, such as Sales tax liability, support ticket ratings reports, transactions per gateway etc.
Best part is – reports are customizable with drag & drop, and each result set can be limited with custom criteria, to get exactly what you need in fast and easy way!
Make sure to check short screencast below!4.0, accounting, preview, reports
You may already know that HostBill works great with Colocation/Dedicated servers offering, allowing to measure and bill for bandwidth usage – more details can be found here: http://hostbillapp.com/features/colocation.php
With 3.9.6 we’re introducing new possibility - your clients will be able to choose their bandwidth billing method, and limits directly from cart! One mouse click in product configuration, and you can set smart product configuration as shown on screencast below!
Using this method overage rate is calculated automatically, based on pricing client selected during order.
It also allows client to upgrade to higher bandwidth limit anytime during billing cycle!
Your clients will love improvement scheduled for 3.9.6 release (2012-09-28) – dynamic attachment uploads for support tickets. Just drag & drop files into upload area or choose them manually and you’re there – no more hours of waiting after ticket submit for attachments to upload. Let them load once message is being composed.
Below you can find short demonstration of this feature in action:
Our NextGen theme released few months ago changed industry outlook on client section of service provider websites. Its time to make it even better!
With HostBill 3.9 we’re introducing new variation of this popular theme, called “Nextgen Clean” – we’ve made it nicer to eye with pixel-perfect attention to details, take a look on some screenshots or watch short style walk-trough
HostBill is well known of its outstanding pace of development and rapid new releases. We’ve decided to make process of upgrade easier to HostBill users, that’s why with release of HostBill 3.9 (2012-09-07) we’re introducing HostBill AutoUpgrade & AutoPatch
This Plugin (enabled by default) periodically checks for new HostBill versions & patches – if new Version is available, administrators will see following notification:
With recent release of HostBill we’ve completely re-designed order process in HostBill. It was scheduled for a long time and as some of our cusomers demanded it – we’ve decided to give it a go, and boy we’re glad we did!
We called this feature Order Scenarios.
Each orderpage (also known as product category) in HostBill can have different Order Scenario attached.
Order Scenarios defines what steps should HostBill take after client submits order. Following are default steps:
1. Automated Fraud Prevention – if third party fraud prevention module is enabled (like MaxMind MinFraud) HostBill can verify whether order was fraudulent, and if so automatically rule out such order and prevent account from being provisioned
2. Enable Invoice – You can choose to approve this step manually – if invoice is enabled its visible in clientarea and allowed to pay – for some expensive services you may want to review order at this early stage before processing it.
3. Authorize Payment – If order was submitted with credit card HostBill can automatically authorize payment before capturing it. You can also choose to authorize it manually – this way you will be 100% sure if credit card submitted is valid and with enough funds. Not only credit cards can be authorized with HostBill – you can even verify buyer PayPal to see if its valid!
4. Capture Payment – Order good so far? Time to collect money – you can choose to do it manually or automatically, by HostBill.
5. Provision Order items – Time to create ordered hosting accounts – HostBill can do this automatically after receiving payment, just like it always did, you can also set this step to be manual and review order once again, just to be 100% sure!
6. Final order review – Account was created, but your fraud verification is delayed? You surely don’t want valid customers to wait! Provision their account automatically first and review order once its provisioned to finally mark order as active – this step is optional.
Don’t follow your hosting competition with features – invest in HostBill and always be few steps ahead!
HostBill – constant innovations – changing face of hosting billing industry since 2009!