Weʼre like you – every day we work our way through hundreds of tickets, processing orders and managing accounts. Aside from development, we perform many repetitive tasks just like you, and weʼre always looking for ways of making these tasks easier:
– Why two clicks instead of one?
– Why have to scroll down instead of seeing everything in one place?
– Why travel miles with the mouse pointer?
You wonʼt be asking yourself any such questions when working with HostBill!
We spend hours every day, working out the best user experience. For example, I was arguing with Kris B. about a small 16×16 icon for an hour yesterday! A stupid icon that most users wouldnʼt care about – so why do we care? Because you will see this icon a hundred times every day, and to have it fit in, it needs to have purpose; it cannot be randomly picked.
Note that some of the features presented below will be released within 1–2 weeks in an update; others features are already implemented.
Letʼs go through some random little things that make a difference.
1. You wonʼt normally edit automatically-generated invoice item names, so what is the point of having N-input boxes? In HostBill you will see:
– OK, but what if I do need to edit it? Not a problem! What would your natural behavior be? You would hover over Description in order to find out if itʼs editable:– And guess what? It is! So, letʼs click on edit: Continue Reading